- "Kitten" by Stila is my all-time, top shadow pick EVER, and you're looking at it above. I'm not exaggerating. It looks good on any complexion, all over the eyelid, for any occasion. I'm serious. This perfect shimmering light pink is a wonder product. Go ahead. Get you some. Set yourself free, girl. (I should also give you a heads up: Stila sells the shadows separate from any type of container. So you buy a refill pan and you either need a single case, or if you think you'll get more since their shadows are high-pigment, blendable, and stay forever, get the case that holds 4.)
- "Queen Tiffany" by Bare Escentuals is a beautiful shimmery greyish taupe that also works on any skin tone and with any outfit. It's one that you'd only want to use on the lid and not all the way to the brow. The 80's are over, sister.
- Everybody needs a good gold. Use the Queen Tiffany link above to get to "True Gold" by Bare Escentuals. It's money in the bank- pardon the pun, and it's especially fun for the holidays, fun nights out, or just a little extra for the day-to-day.
- For those of you short on time, grab some easy-to-use cream shadow by Benefit. It's super easy to apply (requiring only your fingertip), and it should last all day. Pick a light, versatile color like "Tattle Tale", "RSVP", or "Birthday Suit" that can be used all over the lid or just under the browline and inner corner as a highlighter. If you're feeling really edgy, try "Skinny Jeans" or "Busy Signal" on the lid or smudged near the lashline.
- Pick at least one good, shimmery brown that can be used to contour or as an eyeliner. One of my favorites is Mulch by MAC. It really makes blue eyes pop, and it's a softer alternative than the typical black to get a smokey eye for those of us pale-skinned girls.
Girls, we like our products. And we're always in search of that next cosmetic miracle. None of us has the funds to try every new product that gets our attention, so here are the observations I've made on various beauty products I've tried. Hey, if it helps one person save a buck or snag that soon-to-be-treasured beauty breakthrough, my job here is complete. Cosmetic junkies, unite!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Living in the Shadows...
This girl loves me some eyeshadow. So much. It just opens up a world of possibilities like no other individual cosmetic product. You can use them to contour, highlight, bring focus, take away focus, enhance eyecolor, and so much more! They come in matte, shimmer, sheen formulas, and there are loose powders, pressed powders, creams, liquids, etc. See what I mean? Isn't your head spinning? And the awesome thing (well, let's be honest, it's just ONE of the awesome things about shadow) is that you don't have to come out looking like a drag queen. You can use 4 different colors and still be rocking a subtly beautiful "I-didn't-spend-40-minutes-getting-ready", neutral-colored face. It's all about the choices and the placement.